Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kissing A Few Frogs

We are packing up the house at 103 Munro as we go through each room. In the meantime I've been looking for potential new houses for 6 months or more. At first they were to see what's out there. Now I have a "short" list. I do a search with criteria such as price, 3 bedrooms at least 1.5 bathrooms. They've been a few houses I absolutely could have been comfortable in and of course they are sold. That's ok. Now we have to get serious. This is what I'm up against folks. House #1

Click on MORE PHOTOS to see the full affect.

Notice the t.v. on the t.v.?! Good Lord look at all those teddy bears. And the owls over the fireplace. I'm not sure WHAT that shiny (clipper ship?) is to the left of the mantel. I know, I know, that stuff will not be there, but it makes me wonder what else has not been updated since 1964.

House #2
The stop and smell the roses house. Notice the eat-in kitchen and formal dining room wallpaper. Hmm....how could you miss it. I wonder if the flower wallpaper in the bathroom is a form of poupourie?

House #3
Go no further than the front entry. Notice the paint chip on the stairs in the shape of a mouse? At least I hope it's a paint chip. The gash in the wall just around the corner makes me curious. Remember, people are showing us the GREAT aspects of their home. This was a featured home in the Sunday paper a few weeks back as "The Ho
use of the Week."

House #4
.

This is what I have now. NOT that I'm expecting this in the downsize







Notice the descriptions states 2 full baths, so one can only assume this is the better of the 2. Blue tile does NOT make me think of the ocean. Where is the storage for hair products, blow dryer, makeup??? I cannot make this work. I can change wallpaper, but after all this I can't go in there and start pushing out walls for a bigger bathroom because this one looks like I can wash my hands WHILE sitting on the toilet.

Finally House #5
This would be WONDERFUL if there were hardwood floors under that carpet. And a kitchen that has been updated within the past 40 years! HA! Look at the linoleum floor!! I think every house in America between 1965 and 1978 had this. The cabinets and refrigerator went in at the same time. Just call me Kitty from "That 70's Show"

NOTE: These links will only last as long as the house is on the market.

http://imgick.syracuse.com/classifieds/newrealestate/detail/img/images/syr/gsar/mdControlled/ad_image/191444_401.jpg

http://imgick.syracuse.com/classifieds/newrealestate/detail/img/images/syr/gsar/mdControlled/ad_image/191444_401.jpg

http://imgick.syracuse.com/classifieds/newrealestate/detail/img/images/syr/gsar/mdControlled/ad_image/188496_401.jpg

No comments: