Monday, June 4, 2007

It's A Boy

Terry and I were out driving around on Friday evening. He had to make a delivery to one of his customers about 45 minutes from our home. I decided to go along for the ride. Besides Terry said maybe we could stop for dinner along the way - ooohhh twist my arm.

As we were driving I was looking at houses. Across the front door was a bright blue streamer - IT'S A BOY!!!!! It took my breath away.

The day before, on May 31, 2007, William Lane "C" was delivered and placed in the palm of his mother's hand. He was already in the arms of the Lord.

This was the 3rd miscarriage for my daughter. It just doesn't seem fair. One at 8, 12 and now 16.5 weeks. We already knew it was a boy 3 weeks prior. WHY was this one taken from us???? No, it is not for the best. The best would have to have the baby. Three weeks ago it was developing normally. Right size, right activity. Everything was perfect.

So my daughter and her family left the hospital. Josh(4) pushing her in the wheelchair (almost took out an orderly) and she carrying the Shrek glass with the hand picked flowers Ben and Josh picked that morning. There was also a handmade card from them. They will survive, but from that day forward William will always be in their hearts and ours.

Peace

4 comments:

more cows than people said...

still so sad about this. i need to send my love directly to W and P, J and B, but... haven't yet. please, please send my love along.

no justice in fertility- NONE.

sending much love your way.

Abby's Mom said...

I'm sorry. I'm sending many prayers out to all of you..

Sherry Mc said...

Your right, it's not for the best. It hurts so to get your hopes up and them have them dashed.I've been saying special prayers for all of you but especially baby William who will be a guardian angel to his family on earth. Love you all, Sherry

Jan said...

I am so very, very sorry. My mother had four miscarriages after I was born, and I know her heart ached forever about those lost babies. She did not want to have only one child. May God envelop your daughter with his love.